Sunday, September 27, 2009

I dream a dream

There has been one silly or... dream since I was young till now and forever. That's I wanna be a well-known person. As an only daughter from my mum, there were not kids to play with me. So, I was always alone, played alone and talked alone like a mad . And, I became fond of daydreaming. I dreamed alot. I dreamed about myself and put my image in different characters.

Since I was young, I never wanna be a doctor or engineer like other kids used to say to parents. You know what I always said to my mum, what I would be when I grew up. :)
I wanna be the president. Yeah, I used to write "President my name" at the first page of my diary.

When I was about 12, I loved learning History. I started learning about Edison, Einstein, Graham Bell, and their great inventions. At that time I wanna be scientists, because they are well-known. Their biographies and their inventions are recorded in my History textbook. I always imagine that my name could be in the book, next generation will have to learn about me.

When I was 14, I had a very big and secret ambition (no more secret now)--- I wanted to be the wife of Prince William. I have started to know about him from the magazines. Their lives are like life in paradise. At the time, I did not know much about citizenship or any requirement to become his wife. If somebody asks me what about now,,, I will say "No, and Never" because I wanna be famous not because of somebody else.

As soon as I finished taking my matric exams, I wanna go to abroad. I only knew about Singapore which is like there is only one country in the world. :) I dreamed alot about my future career Singapore. I will study Business Management there and blah blah. But, I could not.

But I chose totally a different course without any determination and passion. I did it for three years to get the degree.
I arrived here to study postgraduate course for the same field.

When I look around, most of the people are very satisfied with what they have got and happy their normal lives while struggling to fulfill their basic needs. As time goes by, I realize that some of my dreams are unrealistic and cannot happen. But, I still wanna be a well-known person before I die. I cannot know how many years I can live. In Buddhism, we believe that it is really difficult to get a life as a human being. While I am alive, I really want my dream comes true. But, I have no idea to make it come true. I think a girl in my age should know where she will go and what she will do for her future. Am I too greedy? Am I too dreamy? or Am I too stupid?

p.s. The title of the post is taken from the song, "I dream a dream"

No comments:

Post a Comment